Richard Cornally Masterclass
Create Your Own Work
Don’t wait to be discovered. Take charge of your career and create your own opportunities.
This inspiring and practical course will show you how to use the skills you already have to get on your feet and discover the next short film, web series, play or movie idea that you could cast yourself in.
This is not a writing course. This is a storytelling course that shows you how you can use your passion for acting to create character journeys and story ideas that other people will want to help you make.
What you’ll learn:
- Dramatic Improvisation – Unlock the power of your impulses to devise honest and compelling scenes that draw the audience in.
- Character Creation – Create a character that only you could play.
- Character Arc – What is a character arc anyway, and how do I make it a good one?
- Dramatic Tension – Playing the opposites and creating meaningful character complexity.
- Story Structure – Come up with character journey and core story dynamics that an audience will want to watch.
- What next? – Pitching to writers or producers and developing your work for performance.
Richard Cornally is an actor, writer, director, producer and teacher. He served as the Artistic Director of Sydney Drama School from 2012 to 2018 and he now works as the Head of Tutor Training at The Writers Studio in Bronte as well as running his own corporate coaching business specialising in communication, performance and storytelling.
He loves a good story in all its forms and is passionate about empowering actors to create their own opportunities in the industry.
Having studied at ATYP as a youngster, Richard went on to graduate from the Actors’ Studio Australia in 2008. He was offered a teaching position shortly after, and he has been teaching acting, directing and storytelling ever since. Since 2013 his company, Sure Foot Productions has mounted two successful independent theatre productions to full houses and rave reviews. His recent credits include ‘We Are the Himalayas’ for Brave New Word theatre company, ‘Clown’ a short film for ‘The Bench Project’, ‘Mauritius’ at New Theatre, and he is currently working on his first novel.
Saturday April 11th
10am – 4pm
Paddington Town Hall, 2 Oatley Road, Paddington
Full Price: $445.00 inc. GST
Early Bird: $395.oo inc. GST